Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Worry Wart

Is it odd that I worry about my dog as if he were a human?

I was looking through photos the other night and came across this one [one of my absolute favorites] and immediately my heart sunk.


This day Raymond and I had taken Guero to the nearby pond to run around and do a little fishing. When we were leaving, Raymond put him in the bed of the truck and I immediately freaked out. There was no way that my crazy 4 month old puppy was going to ride back there without jumping out! Raymond basically told me to chill the heck out and get over it, that's what dogs do. I knew that. I mean hello, I've seen hundreds of dogs riding down busy roads with 60 mph limits. But my Guero? In the bed of a truck where I can't get to him if he needs me, going 20 mph for about 3 minutes... that wasn't gonna fly with me!


Sure enough he loved the ride... and I obviously got the best photos of him to date. Is it just me that is like this or are there any other crazy fur mamas out there that freak out when their babies are in "dangerous" situations?? I just don't know what'd I'd do if anything happened to this adorable face...


4 comments:

Happy Bean said...

What a precious fur-baby!! I feel that way about my Bozo sometimes too... Sometimes I worry that if I fawn over my fur-baby this much, how am I going to be as a human mom?! Hahah

happierbean.blogspot.com

Brooke Hamilton said...

I LOOOOOOVE the howling one! SO funny! I definitely get nervous in scary situations, even when Melvin and Mac are playing and he yelps. I can be a worry wart big time!

Ruthie Hart said...

the howling pic is hilarious! And girl, you know me, Ernie is my baby! I worry so much about that little chunk!

Unknown said...

puppy!!! so precious!

xo
http://daydreamingofnothing.blogspot.com/