Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Oreo Pee

Sounds yummy, eh? Well, it is... I promise. Just pay attention, mmk?

I really do have the yummiest tastiest deliciousnessiest (say whaa?) recipe for you guys. I found this recipe somewhere online years ago when I was a teenager and it has become a holiday staple with my family. If there is no oreopee, Thanksgiving/Christmas is ruined (not really but close enough).

Before I give you all the key to gates of Heaven, you must know that this stuff is not really called oreopee. The real name is Oreo Pie, and throughout the years, it has somehow conformed into pee. Why? Because my family is really mature. Duh.

Now, enough with all the talking, let's get to the point:

**********

Oreo Pie

(Adapted from somewhere on this website many moons ago)

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours

Yeilds: 10-12 servings (5 servings in my family, no joke)

Ingredients:
  • Box of brownie mix (& ingredients listed on box)
  • Box of JELLO oreo pudding mix (& ingredients listed on box)
  • 18 oz. tub Cool Whip
  • Oreo Cookies (as few or as many as you want)
Directions

Prepare and bake brownies as directed on package. Cool completely. Scoop out center of brownie with spoon, leaving a 1-inch crust around the edges and a thin layer of brownie on the bottom. SAVE the removed brownie pieces. Prepare pudding mix as directed on package. Stir in almost 3/4 of Cool Whip and almost all remaining brownie pieces. Spoon mixture into brownie crust; top with remaining Cool Whip, brownie pieces and crumbled Oreo cookies. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

Enjoy, and try not to eat the entire pan in one sitting. Not like I've ever done that or anything, it's just some advice.

**********



No comments: