Friday, October 12, 2012

Foodie Friday: Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bites

These little gems come courtesy from about a year ago when I was doing a vegan cleanse. About a week into the cleanse, I found myself consumed with a crazy craving for something, anything sweet and comforting. With a little search around Google, I stumbled across the recipe [can't remember where I found the original] for brownie bites and never turned back! After a couple of tweaks, I ended up with these delish chocolate coconut brownie bites. Try to control yourselves with 24 of these babies in your face!


**********

Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bites

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Yields: 24 mini bites

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup + 2 T buckwheat flower
  • 1/2 cup + 2 T brown rice flower
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup agave nectar
  • 1/2 cup apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil 
  • 1/8 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks

Directions:

Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside. Mix all wet ingredients together, and then combine with dry. Using a spoon (or ice cream scoop), dollop batter into mini cup cake liners. Cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from pan and let cool slightly. Enjoy!

[Tip: I smeared a little almond butter on them while still warm and they were oh so amazing!]

**********



1 comment:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

At least we make each other drool....holy cow, woman! Come make these for me!