Monday, March 5, 2012

Hot 'n' Pink...

... isn't just the way I like my steaks cooked. But we'll get to that in a minute.

This weekend was pretty stinkin' awesome if I do say so myself. The weather here in Austin was absolutely amazing and probably couldn't have been any better. Which is why the entire 2 days were spent outside.

Friday evening Raymond and I met up with some friends of ours for dinner and drinks. We tried out a new-to-us restaurant, Longhorn Steakhouse. Everyone was pretty satisfied with their meals, except for me. It wasn't awful, but my steak was just a bit (a lot) chewy for my liking. The pricing was average for a steakhouse, though. It also didn't hurt that we had good company!

Saturday morning was an early rise for us, being that we had a kickball tournament all day. I actually didn't take part in the games, and just went along for what we like to call "moral support" aka free beer and food. We arrived to the fields around 10:30am. Being as responsible as I am, I managed to wait until almost noon to crack my first beer. It's a good thing, too, because 8 hours later... we we're still going at it. Now, I don't know if you've ever drank all day in the sun... but it sure does have more of an effect on me than drinking indoors does. Something about that hot sun makes that beer go down as smooth as water. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we all had a great time! The night was finished off with a sushi dinner and we were asleep by 10pm.





With the weather being perfect again on Sunday, we met up with some friends for a little softball practice. Again, we had an absolute blast and spent about 4 hours in the blazing sun catching, pitching, and hitting.

Evening eventually rolled around and we finally called it quits for the weekend. It was a long and tiring one, but if I could do this every weekend, my life would be complete. I had so much fun and the weather could not have been more fantastic! The only downfall would be this:




Pretty sure raccoon-eyes and redneck aren't my best looks. Ouuuuchhhh....

1 comment:

ChrissyCat said...

SUNSCREEN NEXT TIME!!!!!!!! :)