Monday, March 12, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was wonderful! So wonderful that I am absolutely exhausted and although I had the greatest intentions of waking up at my usual time this morning for the beginning of week two of boot camp, I reset the alarm and opted for more sleep. Sometimes, it is just necessary. And that workout can always be done at another time!

Despite the nasty weather, we packed up and drove 2 hours straight through rain. As usual, we needed to conduct our road trip photo shoot that takes forever before we just give up. PS- Don't try this, it's not the safest thing to do while driving in the rain.






We made it to Brownwood but found that we were left to find our own entertainment until the family was all together that night. (Everyone went their separate ways to either run errands, work, or visit family.)

Once we all reunited, we drank and ate mounds of food before calling it quits around... I actually don't even know what time it was, that's how sleepy I was!

Sunday, to my surprise, the sun was shining and the cold had somewhat subsided. It was a perfect day to be spent outside. So, that's what the boys did, and us girls (me, R's sister, and mom) headed into town for what they like to call a little "retail therapy". Sounded good to me! I made it out of the stores with just a few items (more on those later), and I'm sure my bank account is thanking me right about now. I never knew I could be so disciplined when it came to shopping, usually I am a mess!

Eventually evening rolled around and we needed to hit the road and head back to town. The upside to that was that we brought R's son back with us for Spring Break. Now I've got TWO smelly boys to deal with for a week! The downside - we ran over a skunk on the way and my back tire reeks of... well, skunk.

All in all, the weekend was fantastic and relaxing and was just what we needed for a mini getaway! It's a good thing, too, because we are going to be out of town for the next two weekends as well for wedding festivities!

No comments: