Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tzatziki Sauce

Well I sure am pooed after this morning's workout! Today I began Tina's boot camp. Lately I have been feeling very bored at the gym and have been poking around the www for weeks now looking for new moves to incorporate into my workouts. Luckily I heard about this camp at the last minute and signed myself up! Today was a cardio day and I definitely felt like I pushed myself more than I have been lately. I sure am hoping to have a hot bod this summer (or at least one that I am somewhat proud of).

Last week I posted a recipe for some super-duper nutritious and delicious quinoa burgers. I also mentioned a sauce that I would be sharing soon enough, that only makes these little babies even tastier!

I'm really not sure what tzaiki sauce is typically eaten with... but it seems like it would be tasty on pretty much anything that you'd top with sour cream, yogurt, etc. By now, we all know I like to keep things pretty real around these parts, so I won't lie when I say I was apprehensive to try this stuff at first. I can't even spell the darn word, why would I want to try the stuff? But after a tiny dip of the finger, I was sold. If you like sour cream, you will enjoy this recipe!

**********

Tzatziki Sauce

(Adapted from Eating Well, Living Thin)

Prep Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cook Time: None
Chill Time: Recommended 2 hours

Yields: About 1 cup

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup thick plain Greek-style yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons light sour cream
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated – squeezed of excess water
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • Kosher salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:

In a small mixing bowl blend together the yogurt, sour cream, grated cucumber, garlic powder, sugar, and dill weed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill.

Enjoy!

**********

2 comments:

Holly said...

Yum, that sauce sounds really good, and those burgers look good too! I have never tried quinoa before!

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

This is probably my fav sauce ever! We use it on lamb chops or kebabs- yum!