Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

I have recently fallen in love with my crock pot. The convenience of being able to throw pretty much anything into a pot, turn it on, and come home from work to a hot meal is amazing!

I put a search out for a chicken pot pie recipe, and a lot of the recipes I ended up finding, basically said, "make the innards of the pie and serve with biscuits, rolls, etc." Girl, please. We all know the best part of pot pie is the soggy yet still crunchy crust... right? Well, to me that is the best part! In the end I just pulled bits and pieces that sounded appealing from about 3 different recipes and made my own version!

**********

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

(Adapted from random online recipes)

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours 13 minutes

Yeilds: 4 servings (in my household)


Ingredients:
  • 2 large chicken breasts, chopped
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4-5 medium potatoes
  • 1 small bag frozen veggies
  • seasoning to taste (I used season salt and pepper)
  • 1 package crescent rolls

Directions: 

Chop chicken and potatoes into 1/2 in. chunks. Pour all ingredients EXCLUDING milk and crescents into crock pot. Season to your liking. Cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in milk. Transfer everything from crock pot to a 9x13 in. pan, and lay crescents flat over the top. Bake as directed on package. Typically anywhere from 350*-375* around 11-14 minutes.

Enjoy! This recipe can be altered to add or subtract anything that you think would be tasty! The end result is not the prettiest of all foods, but it sure is yummy!

**********




 

No comments: