Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mexican Wedding Cookies

...and you don't even have to be Mexican to make them!

After a conversation with a couple of our friends over the weekend, I have had cookies on the brain ever since. Usually, I try not to buy much "junk" food at the grocery store, but this week I came home with a package of these babies:


Of course, we poured ourselves a couple glasses of cookie-dunking milk, and dug right in! So good.

Anyway, all this cookie talk got me thinking about some yummy little devils I made over the summer, and am now kicking myself for not making them for the holidays!

The first time I tried MWC were at the BF's parent's house. Damn, were those things good. I knew I had to find a way to recreate them. And that, I did.

**********

Mexican Wedding Cookies

(Adapted from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life)

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes

Yeilds: 24 small, or 16 large cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup salted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar (extra for coating)
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (I suggest using pecans)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 275*. Line cookie sheet with parchment (wax) paper.

Using an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar at low speed until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Mix in the vanilla. Continuing at a low speed, gradually at the flour, until thoroughly mixed. Stir in nuts with a spatula.

With floured hands, shape glob of dough into circle form. Continue to dust hands with flour as shaping more cookies. Place cookies onto parchment paper and cook. When cool enough to handle, but still warm, roll in extra confectioner's sugar.

Enjoy!

**********





I've got my next cookie-ish idea in mind... but I need a box of something special! Anyone in the Austin area know any Girl Scouts??

2 comments:

TinaRBK said...

I feel like you made these just for me because this is by far my favorite cookie indulgence. It is a classic that few people can resist. Delicious post!

Samantha said...

So glad you love it! Thanks so much for following!! :D