Monday, January 30, 2012

Not a Sleeping Beauty

Another week, another "I wish it was the weekend!"

This weekend was nice and low-key, and it was great! We spent the days hitting around the softball, watching movies on TV, hanging out with good friends, and being lazy. It was fantastic!

For the last 2(ish) months, I have been having trouble sleeping. I noticed having trouble when I took my month off from the gym. I chalked it up to just not getting enough exercise, so my body wasn't as tired. Makes sense, right? Well, I got back to the gym and was still having trouble falling asleep.

My entire life, it's always taken me about 20-40 minutes, give or take, to fall asleep. It wasn't until a few months ago that it has been taking me over an hour most nights, and sometimes up to three hours. Three freaking hours!!! And it's been on more than one occasion that this has happened.

If that isn't bad enough, within the last 2 weeks I've been waking up at least 3 times a night. Sometimes every hour. Frustrated is not what I am anymore. I am pissed off about it. It messes up my day. Not falling asleep until 2 AM after tossing and turning since 10:30 is not fun. Then pile on waking up once an hour on top of that? Sorry, but I'm not about to wake up at 6 AM to go to the gym -- which is obviously something I want to be doing!

I've increased my workouts, changed the timing that I eat dinner/snacks in the evening, and have found no rhyme or reason as to why this is happening. There is no consistancy in it, I don't know what nights it's going to happen. I do know that if I have alcohol, I have no issues, but I'm not about to drink a bed-time beer. No thanks. I've never tried any type of meds, downers, etc. and have never even thought about it. It hasn't been until as of late that a sleeping aide has crossed my mind, which I am terrified to try. I don't want to have to rely on anything to function in my life.

This weekend, we made a pit stop at GNC, and I saw an all-natural sleeping pill called NatraSleep (I think). I haven't looked it up or heard anything about it, let alone any other sleeping aide. But after getting awful sleep again last night, I'm becoming more intrigued. Hopefully I can find something that will help me, better yet, maybe this crap will end on it's own!



Have you ever had trouble sleeping? If so, what did you do to solve the problem?
Ever tried sleeping pills? Which brand?

No comments: