Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Recommendations

Growing up I really wasn't really into reading so much. The last couple years have definitely changed that! As long as the book pulls me in quickly, I am down to read, and am not afraid to stay in on a Saturday night to finish the book I started 3 days before. Nerd Alert!

Below I've listed a couple of books I have read recently that are really great and would definitely recommend to anyone.

  • The Help - No joke, my favorite book of all time. I actually read this book about 2 years ago, and I'm sure many of you have already read it or have even seen the movie, but I have to gush about it. If you haven't read the it, and have only seen the movie stop what you are doing right now, and go get this book. You hear all this praise for the movie... well it AINT nothin' like the book. As much as I wanted to be in love with the movie, I couldn't help but be upset. The movie cannot even compare to the way the actual book made me feel. I beg you to read this book.

  • Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore - This book was recommended to me by one of my great friends Rachel, when I put out a call for suggestions on FB a few years ago. It truly is inspiring and makes you want to help others that don't have the same privileges as others do.

  • Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts - Looking back on this book, I didn't know that it was written by Nora Roberts (author of the two books below). I am not typically the biggest fiction reader, but since coming across her novels, I have totally opened up to them. This particular book was so difficult for me to put down, I found myself wanting to know more and more as it went on.

  • The Calhouns: Catherine, Amanda, Lilah by Nora Roberts - I wasn't quite sure how I would feel about a mystery/romance novel, but just like her other books, I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next!

  • The Calhouns: Suzanna, Megan by Nora Roberts - Sequel to above book.
  • My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler - Hysterical, disturbing, raunchy, amazing. Enough said.





I am in desperate need of some new recommendations and would love to hear what your faves are. Please do share!

No comments: