Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bringing it Back - Accent Vlog

Do y'all remember the accent vlogs that were floating around a while back? Well, I was totally in love with watching all of them but never hopped on the bandwagon myself-- until now. I know I may be a year late, but I figured that with a few new followers these days, it'd be cool for me to put voice behind these words. When I'm reading a blog I always look for videos so that I can see and hear how the author speaks, and thought y'all might be interested as well!


The words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

The Questions:

+ What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
+ What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
+ What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
+ What do you call gym shoes?
+ What do you say to address a group of people?
+ What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
+ What do you call your grandparents?
+ What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
+ What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
+ What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

Notes:

+ The camera starts to shake a little bit because Guero bumped into the table it was sitting on.
+ I'm looking away to read the words, so forgive me for the lack of eye contact.
+ When I answer the question about soda, I made absolutely no sense. I meant to say: You can call a sprite a coke, but you can't call a coke a sprite. Not sure why that was so difficult for me to spit out haha!

Now, without further adieu....



So what do ya think? Big accent? No accent? I'm dying to know!
If you made a vlog feel free to leave the link the comments section-- I'd love to watch them!

4 comments:

Lauren Adela said...

I've been reading for a few weeks, but this is my first time commenting. I live in Austin, so I love reading Austin bloggers.

You definitely do have an accent. I still wonder if I really have one. I never thought I did, but I went to New York a few years ago and everyone kept asking if I was from Texas..... so I guess I do.

My accent is strange, my Mom was born and raised in South America (she's Ecuadorian), and my dad is born and raised in Texas. For some reason, some of the things I say make me sound canadian... very strange.

But your accent is charming :) nothing someone from here wouldn't be used to.

Ruthie Hart said...

you are so much more country sounding than I remembered!!!!!!!! :-) so cute and I love your hair

ejayonlife said...

You absolutely need to voice record all of your blog postings, future and past. Love it, love it, lovvve ittt!

Corazonsita said...

HA!

Yuhoo ha-uv an ack-sent. ;)