Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Family Reunion

As I mentioned before, for the long holiday weekend, we had plans to attend a family reunion. Now while I have heard all about Raymond's family and have met quite a few of them, I met about 100 more this past weekend. Being me, of course I brought my camera but left it in my bag the entire trip. I didn't take a single picture, so I must thank R's sister, Sandra for all of these pictures-- I stole them all from her Facebook. Thanks Chach!

Warning: Prepare for photo dump.

Friday started out with dropping off our puppy (waahh) with my parents and hit the road to Brownwood 3 hours Northwest to pick up R's son (also known as Raymond... we'll call him #3). After swooping him up, another, and another 4 hours in the car, we finally arrived in Uvalde. I tell ya, it never felt better to get out of the dang car! After a quick last-minute dinner around 9:30 p.m. we headed back to our motel. No, not for sleeping... for drinking in the parking lot!

Mother, Brother In Law, Sister, Nephew, Son, Me, Father





Sister, Raymond, Me, Cousin
An early Saturday morning wake up called for a delish breakfast of pancakes and then we headed to run a few errands, and off to the park for a day of hot, sweaty fun. The day was made up of activities including a silent auction (cannot wait to share what we won!), sand volleyball, water relay, obstacle course, and tug-of-war. While it may have been disgustingly hot, the sweat and scorched feet from the sand were absolutely worth it and we had a blast.





Around 4:30 p.m. we all packed up and headed back to the motel to quickly shower and take whatever kind of a nap we could, to be at the hall by 6:00 for dinner, awards, and most importantly the dance.









The night was wonderful and while I wore comfotable shoes, my feet hurt the next day from dancing so much! I am so thankful that Raymond has such a wonderful family. While there may be tons of them, they all do such an amazing job of making me feel comfortable and welcome. I feel like I am already a part of their family and to be honest, there really isn't a much better feeling. The entire time we were there, I found myself thanking God for placing them into my life.

1 comment:

Brooke Hamilton said...

That seriously looks like a blast! I LOVE big family gatherings. I'm glad you had fun meeting all of the family!