Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peace Out, Summer

Every spring, I get so excited for summer. That first day where the sun is shining, the sky is clear of clouds, and the temperatures hit 70 degrees-- nothing feels much better.

This year, I feel like I can officially say I hated summer [the weather, not the events]. Other than the few weekends that we spent in the pool or on the lake, this season was miserable for me. Maybe it's because I am getting older. Maybe it was the humidity? I don't really know. Hell, I was too dang hot to be able to think straight. What I do know is that this summer wasn't even close to as hot as last year, but it felt 1000x worse. The thought of having to walk to my car made me want to cry. I don't think I have ever sweat so much by simply just breathing.

If you live some place where the highs only hit 80 degrees, I envy you. Here in Austin, we are thankful when the high is 95.

Friday night, a "cool front" came through bringing our high temps to 91 with a beautiful breeze from the North. Being that this past weekend was our first UT tailgate of the season, I was in heaven! Also, my insane craving for fall was only intensified. For a few months now, I have been on a soup and chili kick, and now I officially will be lighting my pumpkin spice and cinnamon apple candles.


I know the temperatures are going to spike again before the heat officially surrenders for the year, but I don't care. Pumpkin-this and pumpkin-that, I'm coming for you! Sweaters and fluffy socks? You betchya!

Raymond will be [once again] so annoyed by my immense love for the holiday season, and I can't wait to smother him and our home with decor.

Are you looking forward to the cooler/holiday season or do you live for sweet summer time??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm SO excited fall is here! I'm in Boston so I doubt we had summer as bad here as you did, but Fall is my favorite so I'm psyched! What I'm not looking forward to is feet of snow come winter! Haha

Samantha said...

Oh my! I have never seen more than an inch of "snow" aka sleet so I cannot begin to imagine!

ejayonlife said...

The absolute best weather I've ever seen was on the best weekend of my life, Nov 10, 2007. Then again Nov 11, 2010. Having that kind of weather and that much love is hard to beat. Sure hope I got the dates right.